Good morning Sea Trail. It’s been a while since I last communicated with you all but finally I have some good news!
At this time, the Sea Trail Master Association is planning on opening the MAC pool within the next week. In reopening the MAC pool, careful consideration has been given to CDC guidelines, the Governor’s phased plans, the recommendations of the Brunswick County Health Department, and the availability of pool monitors. The hot tub will remain closed because of the difficulty of social distancing in that setting. Until we have sufficient pool monitors to cover both pools, the Pink Palace will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
While there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, please be aware that if you use this facility you and any guests you bring are doing so at your own risk. By entering the pool area, you take full responsibility for your own protection and for disinfecting your hands and anything you touch or use. DO NOT enter the pool area if you or anyone in your household has been ill, is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, are under mandatory quarantine orders or have been exposed to someone with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis in the past two weeks.
These are the guidelines that will govern the use of the MAC pool until modified by the STMA Board:
- Members MUST review, sign and submit our STMA FACILITIES USAGE WAIVER prior to entering our facilities. Please take a moment to click HERE to review, sign and submit the waiver. This will reduce your wait time at the gate entrance.
- When entering the gate, Members will use their access card and then be required to verify their identity with a picture ID. Once that is confirmed, they will sign-in on the iPad. If the member has not reviewed, signed and submitted our STMA FACILITIES USAGE WAIVER prior to entering our facilities, they will be required to do so at that time. The pool monitors will assist anyone needing help with the iPad sign-in.
- Everyone MUST wear masks when entering or leaving the pool area and are strongly recommended to wear them when not in the pools. Children 11 and under are not required to wear masks.
- Capacity will be limited to 30% of maximum at a time or 60 at the MAC pool. Only 35 people will be allowed in the water at any given time. To accommodate as many people as possible, please limit your visit to two hours when others are waiting.
- There will be a 5 GUEST LIMIT per household. If a member has guests using the pool, that member MUST be present at all times.
- Please be sure to use disinfectant on your hands upon entering the pool area.
- ALL chairs and tables will be removed and guests are asked to not sit on the stone wall at the MAC. Members may bring their own chairs and lounges on which to sit. The pool umbrellas will remain to provide for appropriate shade, but please bring supplies to disinfect the umbrella handles when you leave. NO cabanas or other outside shade structures are permitted.
- Please maintain at least six feet between you and others not part of your immediate household, both on the pool deck and in the pool. If you are waiting in the parking lot for a spot to open up, please wear a mask and maintain a six-foot distance from any others waiting in line.
- NO pool toys of any kind are allowed. Group games such as volleyball or water basketball, which involve multiple people interacting in close proximity, are prohibited. Pool noodles will be allowed in the pool area, but they must leave with the owner.
- NO food is allowed in the pool area.
- Parents and chaperones of children will be responsible for enforcing their children’s social distancing behavior while in the pool.
- The grills are NOT to be used.
- Only ONE person permitted in the restrooms at a time unless it is an adult with a young child.
- Compliance will be regularly assessed and if it is determined that these rules are not being strictly observed, the Board may revisit the opening
Pool Monitors will be on duty at all times while the MAC pool is open. They are responsible for enforcing all rules established by the STMA and assuring that all members and guests have a safe and enjoyable experience. Please be courteous to them and follow their directions. Failure to do so or failure to follow the rules outlined herein will result in the loss of access privileges and possible fines.
If we can get additional members to sign on as pool monitors, and if we see an acceptable level of compliance with the guidelines at the MAC pool, we will consider reopening the Pink Palace pool. If you would like to serve as a paid pool monitor, please contact Don Evans or speak with one of the pool monitors on duty at the MAC.
Jack Phillabaum, STMA President