CHAPEL ON THE GREEN
Located near the MAC Building – Click HERE for the Facilities Map
The Chapel on the Green was dedicated in 1996 by the Prayer Support Circle. It is a place to pray, meditate or simply find a sense of peace in times of stress.
Next to the Chapel there is a Memorial Garden which was established in 2000. Names of deceased Sea Trail residents are etched in bricks to form a walkway through the lovely garden surrounded by beautiful nature and benches for quiet meditation. To order a brick for the Memorial Garden, click HERE to view the information required and submit the form.
The doors are always open from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Property owners with their white access card may also access the Chapel additional hours from 6:00 to 7:00 AM and 5:00 to 7:00 PM.
Availability & Reservations
The Chapel is available to residents for small weddings (seating capacity up to 25), commemorations or memorials. The committee coordinates the use of the Chapel to ensure the policies are followed and those reserving the area have the space and privacy they request. Click HERE to submit a request for a Chapel on the Green reservation. For questions, please contact Maura Baldwin at 919-649-0497 or Georgia Phillabaum at 910-579-8396.
Policy Statement for Use of Chapel on the Green
- Chapel seating capacity up to 25 people
- Chapel is wheelchair accessible
- Doors are NOT to be left open
- No lit candles, rice, confetti, balloons, live or artificial flower petals or bird seed are to be used in OR outside the chapel. Also, no ceremonial breaking of glass or any other activity that endangers the safety of others is permitted inside the Chapel OR on the Chapel grounds.
- No eating, drinking or smoking is permitted inside the Chapel.
- Users are responsible for immediate clean-up and restoring chapel and grounds to its pre-service condition unless other arrangements have been discussed and accepted by the Chapel Coordinator in writing.
- Furnishings may not be removed from the Chapel unless supervised by a Chapel Committee Member. Carpet and furnishings must be protected at all times.
- Any portable chairs used outside must stay on paved surface.
- Service animals are the only pets permitted.
- A 30-day notice is required as well as a $200.00 refundable security fee (check only) made payable to STMA which should be signed, dated and mailed within 14 days to Sea Trail Master Association, PO Box 7025, Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469 (Attn: Debbie Cornell). Only one Security Deposit is required if you are requesting the Pink Palace or MAC as well as the Chapel.
- Meet with event coordinator at the Chapel to discuss arrangements, sign policy statement and return to Chapel Coordinator who approves the scheduling of the event.
- Anyone using the Chapel shall conduct himself/herself in an orderly fashion and respect the privacy of others and the integrity of the facility. The Chapel is a place of reverence and grace; all in attendance must act respectfully.
The Prayer Circle prays for people on request and we keep the requests confidential. If you have a prayer request, please call or email the member in your neighborhood as listed below:
- Osprey Watch: Kathleen Barthelme – 910-579-1450
- Crooked Gully Circle: Ellen Belford – 910-579-2629
- Eastwood Park: Margaret Mortali – 910-575-7668
- Sugar Sands: Kathy Blaine – 910-269-9897
- Planter’s Ridge: Georgia Phillabaum – 910-579-8396
Live Oak: Karen Barnhart – 910-880-2902
They also provide the bricks for the Memorial Garden for a small engraving fee, obtain the engraved bricks and facilitate a brick-laying, when requested. Chapel on the Green note cards are for sale at $5 for a box of 10 notes. The Circle works with the Master Association in maintaining the beauty of the Chapel both inside and out.