JODY HUGHES LIBRARY
Located in the MAC Building – Click HERE for the Facilities Map
Jody Hughes was the founder of the Sea Trail community library in the early 1990’s. It started upstairs at the MAC in a closet and was moved downstairs when the gym relocated to the Pink Palace. The library was named in her honor.
The Jody Hughes Library is a free lending library located on the first floor of the Maples Activity Center (MAC) and managed by Sea Trail community volunteers. Following recent refurbishment all aisles are now wide enough for walkers and wheel chairs. All the books have been donated by the Sea Trail community and we welcome:
- donations of hard cover fiction, auto biography, biography and sports which are found in the front room
- paperback books which are very popular and are located in the back room
- we prefer books published in 2000 and later and all donations must be in good condition and odor-free
- puzzles and CDs
- due to limited shelf space, we cannot accept the following:
- Reader’s Digest volumes
- books on politics, history, business, health or cooking
The Library is open 6 am until 6 pm Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. It is open 6 am to 9 pm Sunday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Access is via the use of the property owners white access card.
Please Note: Capacity is 17 people. Please do not visit the library if you have any cold or flu symptoms.
The library Committee is chaired by Betty Priscu and there are many volunteers. We would love to have more volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please call Betty at 908-963-5170.
Library Volunteers Calendar
Please click Library Volunteers for the latest schedule (April – July 2022).