There are approximately 18 various committees/groups that assist the Board in managing our Association. Some Committees have current openings and looking for additional members to lighten the load and help. Other Committees may have a full compliment of members at the present time so may not need someone to assist right away. However, they would welcome new residents to learn about their committee though and then be able to jump in when needed. For more information about each of the STMA Committee and view their major responsibilities, links to their specific page, contact information for their chair/co-chairs, scroll down and click on the specific committee.
BECOME A COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER
The Sea Trail Master Association depends on resident volunteers to assist with the functioning of the Association. There are many opportunities available where residents can help in giving of their time and energy in whatever capacity they choose. Click Volunteer Opportunities for all of the information.
The Alliance of Brunswick County Property Owners Association (ABCPOA) is a nonpartisan association comprised of member Property Owners and Homeowners Associations throughout the county united by an interest in common issues. The ABCPOA is “issue-driven” and serves its members by developing and presenting positions regarding issues that are critical to the further development of Brunswick County, monitoring governmental officials’ positions and actions and reporting results to our members. The Alliance serves as a forum for informational exchange among members, provides appropriate assistance to member organizations when requested and cooperates with like-minded organizations when appropriate. ABCPOA is dedicated to protecting homeowner rights and property values while assuring for safe neighborhoods and advancing an ever-improving quality of life for all residents of Brunswick County. Chair: Stewart Nell
The Access Committee is responsible for the coordination of the website calendar for all facility reservations and to maintain all group and individual function schedules and authorized users to same. Maintain accurate property owner information to issue and control all permanent and temporary use of all system access cards. They are also responsible for the total maintenance and use of the Brivo and Tyco access systems as well as the camera security systems. They report all noncompliance of Rules and Regulations to the Rules Committee and makes recommendations based upon specific guidelines/consequences in accordance with written procedures. Acts as liaison between access, other committees security and fire systems and the Sea Trail Master Association Board. Chair: Neil Weiss can be contacted at 910-575-8284 or email@example.com
CHAPEL ON THE GREEN
The Chapel on the Green was dedicated in 1996 by the Prayer Support Circle. It is a place to pray, meditate or simply find a sense of peace in times of stress. Next to the Chapel there is a Memorial Garden which was established in 2000. Names of deceased Sea Trail residents are etched in bricks to form a walkway through the lovely garden surrounded by beautiful nature and benches for quiet meditation. For further information about the Chapel, Memorial Garden or the Prayer Circle, please view the Chapel on the Green page. Chair: Kathy Blaine at 910-269-9897
COMMUNICATIONS (Includes Website and Welcome Teams) COMMITTEE
The primary responsibility of the Communications Committee shall be to enhance the line of communications with residents and establish and maintain communication mechanisms in electronic form, that will provide all members of the Sea Trail Master Association with information related to the STMA. The committee consists of three (3) teams.
- Communications Team Responsibilities: Prepare a bi-weekly email communication to send to community members that will focus on upcoming events, capital improvement project updates, community information with links to information contained on the STMA website, review the website on a regular basis to gather information to include in email communications and create surveys as requested by the Board to send to community members as needed. Team Captain: Jean Kirch, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Team Responsibilities: Update and maintain our online website, readily available to all members and the Board, simplify day to day operations of the STMA through forms, procedures and detailed information, maintain and update the STMA calendar and reservation process and maintain and distribute important Board announcements and information regarding the community through regular email blasts from the Board President. Team Captain: Emily Shea, email@example.com
- Welcome Team Responsibilities: Greet all new Sea Trail property owners when they become residents of our Sea Trail community to make them feel welcome and provide a gift bag containing goodies and information about the community and surrounding areas. Team Captains: Susanna Partrick at 914-548-1809 & Deb Bird at 910-575-3772
Chair: Candy Fowler, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Decorating group organizes and coordinates the decorations of our facilities for primarily the December Holiday Season. Contact: LaVerna Coleman email@example.com if you are interested in helping with this yearly project.
The Facilities Committee is responsible for the general supervision, regular maintenance and supplies inventory for the STMA facilities (Pink Palace, Creekside, MAC and Chapel buildings). They also ensure that the rules and regulations for the use of these buildings are followed and make certain that we are in compliance with the Fire Code and Health Department regulations. Click to review the Facility Committee Responsibilities. Co-Advisors: Rich Collette & Craig Brown. For questions or concerns you can contact the appropriate Building Monitors for the Creekside: Diane Kreuzburg; Pink Palace: Betty Tennant and MAC/Library/Chapel: Rob Anderson
The Finance Committee is made up of at least three Sea Trail residents, including the Treasurer of the Sea Trail Master Association. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: collect and allocate all STMA revenues; review, approve and pay all invoices, maintain all STMA bank accounts and establish new ones as needed. Track the financial status on a monthly basis and report on this status to the board of directors at each scheduled meeting, at any special meetings or as requested by the board. Prepare and maintain the schedule of reserve allocations and expenditures. Prepare and submit an annual budget (including a recommendation on the amount of dues to be assessed) for the following year for approval the Board of Directors each September and prepare the annual report on the financial status of the association at the annual members meeting in November. Chair: Greg Barratt
All of the STMA Financial information is on the CAMS portal. Click CAMS Owner Portal to log in, > Documents > Financials for all of the information.
JODY HUGHES LIBRARY
Jody Hughes was the founder of the Sea Trail community library in the early 1990’s. It started upstairs at the MAC in a closet and was moved downstairs when the gym relocated to the Pink Palace. The library was named in her honor. The Library is a free lending library and managed by Sea Trail community volunteers. All aisles are wide enough for walkers and wheelchairs. All the books have been donated by the Sea Trail community.
Contact Betty at 908-963-5170 for more information
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESOURCE COMMITTEE
The Health and Safety Resource Committee explores ways to bring health and safety information to Sea Trail Property Owners. The committee does this by inviting speakers to present programs and workshops relevant to our community. It is responsible for monitoring the Master Association’s AEDs and arranges for the Sunset Beach Fire Department to conduct classes on CPR and the use of AEDs. The committee also coordinates with the Brunswick County Health Department to provide flu shots annually. Chair: Nancy Barnes at 910-575-4134 or 516-313-4948
- Friends Helping Friends: Call Before You Climb If you need assistance with minor, but potentially dangerous situations in and around the home, such as changing light bulbs, replacing air filters, getting up in the attic or even moving a piece of furniture, take advantage of the Friends Helping Friends – Call Before You Climb program. The program consists of several able bodied men willing to help. Contact either Mario Marques at 443-326-1289; Gary Zimmerman at 908-489-3625 or Bill Harbinson at 828-964-3125 if you need assistance.
- AED (defibrillator) Locations for Master Association Properties: Pink Palace: in the kitchen area above the large garbage bins and on the hall wall between the Sunset Room and bathrooms, Creekside Building: in gym, MAC: outside the bathrooms at the pool and upstairs on the second floor near the kitchen area, Tennis Courts: inside the entry gate immediately to the right inside the red box. If you have any questions about the AEDs, please contact Kathy Muth.
The Committee is made up of a minimum of three and a maximum of 10 members including a chairperson approved by the Sea Trail Master Association (STMA ) Board. A STMA Board member will serve as ex-officio member of the Committee. The Committee is responsible for developing the Master Association landscape bid specifications, the bid documents, and conducting interviews of bid contractors. Their contractor selection will be forwarded to the Board for its approval. It is the Committee’s responsibility to ensure adherence to the landscape contract. The chairperson, in turn, will meet with the contractor to discuss daily operations, resolve landscape issues, and to coordinate changes and/or enhancements. Each committee member is responsible for monitoring a designated STMA landscaping area. Homeowner tree removal requests are handled by committee members as is the managing of the semi-annual bush hogging of all vacant lots. The Committee meets as needed and all minutes are forwarded to the Board. Co-Chairs: Brian Blaine or Randy Warren
Residents should notify their Landscape Committee Area Representatives if they see any areas that need attention.
LONG RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE
The Committee is responsible for developing the framework for a long range plan with a time horizon of five to ten years. This ongoing committee will assess the future needs of Sea Trail residents and create a vision for what the Sea Trail amenities should consist of to meet these needs. Chair: Theresa Rossiter
View STMA Long Range Plan (5-18-16)
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH COMMITTEE
The Neighborhood Watch Program is in full operation. Large Neighborhood Watch signs have been installed at all entrances in the Sea Trail community and smaller signs throughout Sea Trail. Sea Trail has been divided into seven zones with selected captains for each zone. Listed below is the Zone, Zone Captain, their phone number and some of the streets covered by the zone. If any Sea Trail Resident sees someone committing a crime, CALL 911. If any resident sees or hears any suspicious activity that maybe happening within Sea Trail, notify the appropriate Zone Captain.Don’t be afraid to call your neighbor if you see unusual activity at their home. Remember, we all need to be aware of what is happening around us!
Committee Chair: Cliff Dahlen 910-575-6119
Police Chief: Ken Klamar
Police Officer: Colby Bean
- Zone 1 (Eastwood Park, Kingsmill Area): Steve Page, 910-575-4893
- Zone 2 (Planters Ridge, Surrey Ct, Deacon Ct, Discovery Lake & northern section Crooked Gulley): Jim Hunt, 910-200-9731
- Zone 3 (Rice Mill Circle, Cotton Mill, Edgewater, McAuley): Joyce Hellman 910-579-0273
- Zone 4 (Baroney, Mid-Southern section of Crooked Gulley): Richard Collette, 919-260-3399
- Zone 5 (Kings Trail, Fairway Drive, Long Leaf, Wisteria): Jim Tennant, 910-579-7379
- Zone 6 (Clubhouse Road South and East exits, Sea Trail Dr., Heather Dr, Osprey, Egret, Olde Oak): Frank McLearen, 910-579-3182
- Zone 7 (Oyster Bay Dr, Oyster Pointe, Sunset Lakes): Tony Reith 518-669-1430
POOLS/TENNIS COURTS COMMITTEE
This Pools and Tennis Courts Committee is made up of a minimum of four and a maximum of eight members including a Chairperson. The Committee’s responsibilities will be to oversee the pools and spas at the Pink Palace and MAC and the Tennis courts. Duties will include observing and reporting to the STMA Board the cleanliness and upkeep of the pools, pool areas and courts, recommending replacement and/or repairs to pool furniture and equipment as well as tennis court surround, nets, asphalt and structures. Chair: Kevin Baldwin at 910-547-2757
The Roads Committee serves as the eyes and ears of the Sea Trail Master Association in regard to the overall condition of the roads, MAC and Pink Palace parking lots and street signage. It recommends actions that should be taken by either Sea Trail Resort or the Master Association. It monitors street lighting to insure all are in operation; coordinates all repairs and/or improvements of street lighting issues; keeps current on all Sea Trail road and road sign conditions. Chair: Wayne Hellmann at 910-579-0273
The purpose of the Rules Committee shall be the drafting and amendment of proposed Rules in layman’s terms, consistent with the Master Declaration of Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions for the Sea Trail Master Association for approval by the Board of Directors. Upon adoption, the Committee will manage, support and coordinate compliance including functioning as the hearing body for any disputes arising out of any enforcement of the rules and violation complaints. This Committee will also provide input and advice assistance, as required, to the Board of Directors including routine reports as directed in the administration of compliance. Any proposed change to the Rules will be evaluated by the Committee and a recommendation will be submitted to the STMA Board of Directors for action. Chair: Sylvia Chester
ALL violations must be submitted online using the Rules Violation Report – Click HERE Please DO NOT call. Here is a link to the STMA Rules (8-05-2021) – Click HERE
The Social Committee provides opportunities for Sea Trail residents to come together at events that are planned either on site or at local venues. Our goal is to increase the interaction of homeowners fostering new friendships and community. Our committee is passionate about presenting interesting events. Check the Sea Trail Newsletter, our Social Committee page & the Calendar on the website for future events. Come on out and join in the fun. Co-Chaira: Geri Esposito 908-500-8589 and Priscilla Donaldson 910-575-2270.