A Memorial Service and Celebration of Life will be held for LINDA STEPHENS on Thursday, March 28 at 11:00 a.m. at the Sea Trail Chapel. The memorial and celebration will continue upstairs at the MAC immediately following the service at the chapel.
Seaside United Methodist Church is pleased to announce that we will begin an additional GriefShare Support Group that will meet in the evenings. The first session of this new evening group will begin on April 3, 2019, and will meet weekly on Wednesday evenings for 13 weeks ending June 26. Click Evening GriefShare Program for all of the details.
The bimonthly meeting of the Master Association Board will be held on Wednesday, March 20th beginning at 3 PM in the Creekside Multi-purpose Room. Please note change of location. All members are encouraged to attend and will have the opportunity to address the Board with questions or concerns.
Please click on the following to view the Agenda and Combined Committee Reports:
Both of these Reports (below) can be accessed via the About Us page. You must be logged in to view these reports.
- Treasurers Report (Under Financials)
- DRAFT of the 1-16-19 Board Meeting Minutes (Under Minutes)
The community garden located across from the Pink Palace has plots remaining. Each garden plot is $25. Write checks to STMA, and send to P. O. Box 6340, Ocean Isle Beach NC 28469. Call Dick Saunders at 913-579 6043 to obtain plot numbers.
Almost sold out!: Hosted by Grapevine Mediterranean Restaurant & Lounge on Wednesday, March 27, 2019.
Social Hour: 5-6 pm; Dinner served on your schedule between 6-8. $50/person and your choice of 3 spectacular entrees. Seats are almost sold out so hurry and reserve yours here. Click http://www.sunsetvision.org/home.html for all the details.
Beach Access Cleanup: In an effort to make our beaches beautiful before Easter visitors arrive, we’re designating Friday, April 5, 2019 as our annual beach access clean up day. If anyone would like to volunteer to help, we’ll meet at the Gazebo at 9:00 a.m. on that day. We’ll provide trash bags. Please bring your tools, gloves, sunscreen, and good cheer! Email us: email@example.com if you have any questions.
Call For Artists: Are you a budding artist? An established artist? Know someone else who is? Our 3rd annual Art Show is set for June 20-22, 2019 and we want you to be part of this fun, inclusive art show fundraiser. Deadline for artists application is May 31, 2019. Click www.sunsetvision.org/ for further information.
Sea Trail Golf Club is excited to have Sea Trail’s own Sea and Sand Band entertaining during the Foothills Brewery Tap Takeover Event! This fun night is planned for Wednesday evening, March 27 from 6 – 9 pm at the Jones/Byrd Salon and Magnolia’s restaurant. Please click HERE for all details including purchasing tickets, skill challenges for door prizes and menu. Please note: tapas, or small plate, style appetizers/food stations will be available. The should be a great time for all those looking for a fun evening with friends and neighbors!
Christmas at the Biltmore House – Featuring a Candlelight Christmas Tour
4 days – 3 nights – November 4-7, 2019
$599 Per Person (Double occupancy)
- 3 Nights Lodging
- 3 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners, including Deerpark Restaurant on the Biltmore Estate
- Grove Arcade
- Candlelight Christmas Evening Tour of Biltmore House
- Daytime visit to the Biltmore Estate, including the Winery Tour & Antler Hill Village
- Biltmore Village
- Guided Tour of Asheville, including the Folk Art Center
- Blue Ridge Mountain Opry
- Souvenir Gift
- Luggage Handling
- Taxes & Meal Gratuities
- Motor Coach Transportation
For more information and reservations contact:
Sea Trail Garden Club
514 Fairway Dr.
Sunset Beach, NC 28468
Click for HERE detailed Itinerary
- If you’d like to go as a single, the is $788 (single occupancy).
- A $25.00 deposit is due before July 15. Please include who your roommate is on your check.
- Make check to Linda Anthony & drop in basket @ 514 Fairway Drive West.
- The final payment is due by Sept 1.
- Please note that availability of seats will be based on when we receive the check for your deposit. If bus fills up we will start a waiting list & advise you.
May 7, 2019, Tuesday Lunch and a Back Stage Tour of THALIAN HALL
- Leave Sunset Beach (approximately) 11:00 am – Carpool with friends
- Lunch – Oceanic Restaurant, Wrightsville Beach,12-1:30 pm (cost $12-20)
- Tour Thalian Hall 2:00 – 3:15 pm (Tour # 35)
- Tickets to Thalian Hall $9 check to Kaye Evans/Porch – no later than 4/12/2019
June 29, 2019, Lunch and tour of CAPE FEAR VINEYARDS AND WINERY (Elizabeth Town)
- Leave Sunset Beach (approximately10:00 am)
- Lunch Corkscrew Restaurant 11:30-1:00 PM (cost $12-20
- Tour of Grounds and Artwork 1:00-1:30 PM
- *Sign up with Kaye at Garden Club: April 9 and no later than May 14 (Limit #36)
- ***Anyone that has a vehicle that can take you and 5 passengers and you are willing to drive June 20, call Kaye (579-5669)
I wanted to update local residents/owners of Sea Trail on the status of our restaurant and how it has progressed. We have put in months worth of work and it’s starting to come together. We had a soft opening this past Saturday night (March 9) to train staff and do some testing. We had planned it for family and employees as well as fire and police on shift to have some test subjects. It seems word got out and it turned into a larger crowd of owners, which overall is great and we are eager to accept guests, but at the same time need to manage expectations. We are not 100% ready yet.
We have some things to work on and don’t want an internal “taste test” to be representative of what our offering will be. For those that were able to come, we would like to solicit more feedback, but please take it with a grain of salt as we aren’t yet open. Please feel free to share your suggestions/concerns with wait staff. We likely will come up with a survey to see what we need to do.
Things we are working on:
- We will be offering sit down dining with full table service. Servers will come to the table to take orders and guests will be able to pay at the table via our ipad point of sale system.
- Beer Keg is not functional (currently serving can beer $3-$4 each) We will have up to 8 different beers on tap. Tentative plan is to have 4 craft beers and 4 mainstream beers that are popular. We’ll rotate things to get it right. This should be ready by this weekend or early next week (March 18-22).
- Equipment has not been fully received and is not operational. This should be fully rectified by Monday (March 18)
- Cooks are being trained. The quality and consistency of the food is paramount. This is a work in progress. Does anyone know any cooks who would be interested in working for us?
- Full selection of wine has not been received. We will be serving 5 oz. glasses and also sell wine by the bottle. We ONLY had silver coast wine in stock and the rest will be received in the near future. We are told this weekend (March 16-17).
- We are playing with menu items/offering based on the taste test.
- We will be serving Coca Cola products, but they have yet to be able to install. Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Barq’s Root Beer, Minute Maid Lemonade, Orange Fanta will be served. In addition we’ll have bottled Dasani and Powerade. We are told this is sometime next week (March 18-22).
The set up of our establishment is that of a private club. This enables us to a do a lot of things that a public facing facility can’t do. We can have card night as an example. Our resort guests pay a daily access fee and are members for the week. We would like all owners to become “Social Members” of our facility as everyone in our facility needs to be a member to follow the rules of a private club. To this end we will sell a social membership at a very low cost ($5 a year) to enable owners to utilize our facility. We can put this on the bill of the first meal. In return we are going to offer 12% off food year round. $5/year membership with a 12% discount on all food. By NC state law we can’t discount drinks. Sea Trail owners are very important to us and this is our way to incentivize owners to become members and get a lot of value and input.
The social membership will be for eating/drinking only, and not full use of the classes, pools, etc. Most owners probably will not want to use our pools anyway, so we think creating this type of membership is a good fit for all.
I would like to continue the “soft” opening and openly solicit feedback so we can get it right. We probably can’t do everything that is asked of us, but we would like to try. We would like people to continue to stop by and “give it a try” realizing it’s a work in progress. My main background is in golf and vacation rentals. The restaurant business is new to me and no doubt we’ll make mistakes along the way.
Feedback is important. Dustin Labar, our food and beverage manager has worked tirelessly to get us to this point. You can contact him with your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org or just ask for him if you’re in our building.