Based on current assessments, Brunswick County does not anticipate activating its debris contracts for unincorporated areas. To help residents clear their storm debris, the County is extending its free dump week to two weeks starting this Saturday, Sept. 7th through Saturday, Sept. 21st.
- Brunswick County property owners and residents can dispose of all materials, except for hazardous waste, at the Brunswick County Landfill for free during these two weeks. Metal, tires, electronics, latex paint, and yard debris must be placed in their designated area.
- Residents should bring proof of Brunswick County property ownership or residency.
- Waived tip fees do not apply to businesses and commercial vehicles.
- Brunswick County Landfill 172 Landfill Rd NE, Bolivia, NC.
- Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 5 PM and Saturday 7:30 AM to 3PM
- Curbside trash/recycling collections will resume a regular schedule on Saturday, September 7th.
- Convenient sites will reopen on Saturday, September 7th however normal disposal fees will apply.
Household hazardous waste will be collected from residents, property owners and farmers for free on Saturday, September 21st at South Brunswick Middle School (100 Cougar Drive Southport, NC 28461) from 9am until 12pm.
For more information contact the Solid Waste Department at 910-253-2520.