The Sea Trail Master Association has been working hard to both improve and expand our amenities over the past few years. Some examples are:
- the new pool at the MAC
- redesign of the Pink Palace kitchen
- improvements being made to the beach parking lot
It is in our best interests to ensure that these facilities are used only by authorized members and their guests. This will enable us to provide both a safe environment and a positive experience for all our members.
Last year, many residents expressed concern about unauthorized use of our facilities:
- the new pool, causing overcrowding and overuse leading to increased maintenance
- a safety concern when unauthorized people are using our amenities
Therefore, the STMA Board requested that a committee look at possible changes to our policies and procedures to address these concerns. This committee included representatives from our Access, Facilities, Rules and Pool committees. We have had several meetings during the past few months, discussed a variety of options and investigated how other communities similar to ours handle access to their facilities.
As a result of our deliberations, the Committee will recommend a number of changes in our procedures to the Board:
- primary among them will be requiring members sign in upon entering either of our pool facilities, indicating how many guests will be accompanying them and their time of arrival.
- for those property owners who choose to allow tenants, family members or guests to use their access cards, it will be required that they complete the necessary forms and submit them to our Administrator at least seven days prior to the arrival of the guests.
- these forms are being revised, will be available on the website and can be filed electronically if you choose.
- in addition, the authorized guests will be required to sign in upon arrival at the pools.
We are hopeful that these new procedures will allow us to:
- carefully monitor access to and use of our pool facilities leading to a more positive experience for all our members and their guests
- our Pool Monitors will be better able to enforce the rules
- they will be better able to identify those who do not follow the established rules and regulations
- violators will be subject to loss of privileges and/or fines.